Wednesday, May 1, 2013

momstown Milton: Mom of the Month: Sarah Luskey May 2013

Name: Sarah Luskey
Age: 36 (ugh!)

Born In: Brampton, ON
Children’s name and age: Addisyn (2.5), Peyton (1)
 
Childhood Ambition: I always wanted to be a lawyer when I was a kid (probably cause I love a good debate) but knew in my heart that teaching was the profession for me... I did try to rebel though and went in to business first
but it only took about a year for me to head back to school and do what I always knew I would love.


Fondest Memory: Family vacations in Florida... Starting from a very young age we spent 3 weeks as a family in St. Pete's beach. We would go with my Aunt, Uncle and 2 cousins (who were both close in age to my brother and I). We spent 3 days driving there, playing games and stopping to eat and sleep in various places each year. There were many laughs and adventures along the way.
My favourite memory has to be of the time my cousin and I were left in charge of the younger two... Our parents were just outside having adult time around the pool but we manage to destroy the room with a couple cans of whipped cream, it was hilarious until we had to clean it all up! Since I value the memories created here so much, we have begun this tradition with our kids as well. Last year we took the girls to Disney for their first time and the whole family spent two weeks together at the beach... I love reliving those precious moments again through the eyes of my daughters!

Wildest Dream: I would LOVE to go skydiving but I'm not sure I would actually have the courage when it came down to it! So... I dream of a relaxing vacation with my hubby in Bora Bora, staying in one of those cabins with a window in the floor so that you can see right down in to the ocean.


Proudest Moment: I have many of these as the girls grow and develop each and every day, amazing me with the things they can do! However, the day they were born will always be the best thing I've ever done!

Biggest Challenge: Managing the balance between my professional and personal life. I am highly ambitious and have many goals for my future in education but have realized quickly that those things are going to happen
much slower now that I'm a Mom. I have to remind myself daily that I can't dedicate nearly as much time as I used to outside of my regular work day if I want to spend quality time enjoying my girls. If only there were more
hours in the day OR I didn't value my sleep quite as much as I do!


Perfect Day: Would start with a “sleep in”... I think I'd like to wake up some time around 9 :-) We would have a late breakfast/early lunch as a family and then go for a walk or a bike ride to the park so that the girls could play.
We would go out for dinner (so that I don't have to cook or clean up) and then have a snuggle and read a few good books with the girls before they headed to bed. I would then enjoy a relaxing bubble bath with a nice glass of red wine and a good book before settling on the couch for a movie and some alone time with my hubby!


First Job: I worked at the Sports Camp my Dad ran in Georgetown starting when I was 12... This was probably about the time I realized I was destined to work with young kids.

Indulgence: I have a MAJOR sweet tooth... I have a hard time resisting ANY type of candy, especially Mike & Ike's and ice cream! I compensate by spending much of my “me” time working out so that I can eat what I want!


Last Big Purchase: We purchased a new house in December 2011 in Georgetown... Although it's not built yet, we are super excited to move in 2014.


Favourite Sport: Although I love many sports, I am a die hard when it comes to baseball and volleyball. I spent a MAJOR part of my life playing girls softball in Brampton and miss it very much! I can only hope that one of my girls will love it as much as I did so that I can relive my passion for the game!
How long have you been a member of momstown Milton? Since July 2012
 
Describe your experience as a momstown member: Being a part of the momstown Milton family has been a great experience for me. I was worried after I had my second daughter that it would be difficult to balance the
needs of both girls with the financial strain of being on maternity leave however, joining Momstown made it easy!

There are so many wonderful activities available each and every day designed to target the interests of both babies and pre-schoolers. Some of our favourites include Chipmunks play-groups, Baby Basics, Art & Play, Junior Chef, Little Scientists, and Trip Around the World. Not only did these programs engage Addisyn's interests but they also gave me an opportunity to meet other Mom's and share ideas about dealing with the daily challenges of managing two young girls at home.

I also love how open Sam and her team are to new ideas and suggestions from their members. Hosting the Shake, Rattle and Read program allowed me to deal with some of my Mommy guilt about not doing anything that was just about Peyton. I know she really loved spending time with all the other babies and it allowed me to meet some really great first time Moms. Even though I have now
returned to work, I know that my momstown friends will still be there to offer support and we will definitely be joining some weekend activities so that we don't lose touch!

We would love to have you join us and become part of our momstown Milton family!
Register here for your 6 week FREE trial.




1 comment:

Casa Sandoval said...

This is nice. I want to do this as well. I love the idea actually.