Friday, March 1, 2013

momstown Milton Mom of the Month: Samantha McIntosh March 2013

Name: Samantha McIntosh
Age:  34
Born In: Sudbury, On

Children’s name & age:Hannah 3, Claire & Charlotte 8 months

Childhood Ambition: Marine biologist

Fondest Memory: I have three: 1 - When my husband proposed at his family cottage in Flin Flon, MB,which is also where he first told me he loved me. 2 - Finding out we were finally expecting our first baby after 3 years of trying. 3 - Hearing the two strong heart beats of our twins.

Wildest Dream: Starting my own "home organization" business

Proudest Moment: Every time one of my daughters hits a milestone I think...wow I created these amazing little people

Biggest Challenge: Finding & enjoying some “me time” without feeling too guilty AND realizing that my husband is just as capable as I am to take care of the kids; even if he might not do things “ how I would”, at the end of the day everyone is all still in one piece.

Perfect Day: Any day where I don't hear "mommy look at me, mommy look what I can do, mommy, mom, mama, whaaaaaaaaa" a million times...a dozen is ok though :)

First Job: Paper delivery girl & cashier at local corner store

Indulgence: Red wine; although it is more of a staple in my house rather than an indulgence ;)

Last Big Purchase: A 5 day vacation to Jamaica with my best friend without the kids

Favorite Movie or Favourite Sport? GREASE

How long have you been a member of momstown Milton? Just over a year

Describe your experience as a momstown member?  Having no family around to help out, its wonderful to experience the kindness of everyone in the momstown Milton group & the support all the moms offer each other. Something as simple as another mom holding your baby (crying or not) so you can go to the washroom alone or distracting your toddler after a meltdown can mean the world when your just trying to make it through the day.

As a mom who wants to have her children experience everything life has to offer; I LOVE the 6 pillar program momstown has implemented. The calendar is always full of repeating & new events; giving me lots to choose from to help fill my days and keep myself & my kids busy.

I love the monthly themes & Hannah is always engaged no matter what event we attend. We both always look forward to our next get together and have both made some wonderful friends; I can't wait for the twins to make some great friends too.

1 comment:

Weezy (Mom)/ Poppy (Dad) said...

What a great honor for our daughter! Makes another mother (me), very proud! Congratulations Samantha...you ARE one SPECIAL mom who always puts her little ones first! That glass of wine at the end of your busy day is a small "indulgence" so well deserved! We are also so happy that you have found the support of other mothers to relate to and help you out! With us not living closer...it is always comforting to know that you have such a great support system! Loving you MORE Sam...and congrats again on all your accomplishments! xoxo