Monday, July 1, 2013

momstown Milton Mom of the Month: Kristin Reilly July 2013

Name: Kristen Rielly 

Age: 33

Born In: Etobicoke, ON

Children’s name and age: Owen (13 months) 

Childhood Ambition: To be a teacher

Fondest Memory: My husband, Andrew and I traveled to Scotland and Ireland in July 2010. We visited Newgrange and the Wicklow Mountains in Ireland and then to Skye and Fort William in Scotland. The only thing Andrew wanted to do during our holiday was climb Ben Nevis in Scotland (the highest peak in the UK) and he wanted me to do it with him! It took four hours to climb to the top but I was rewarded with a proposal! Needless to say, I literally ran and jumped all the way down the mountain finishing in less than two hours! We had a great time away and we still talk about our visit and when we can go back again but with Owen this time. 

Wildest Dream: Visit South Africa one day. Andrew and I wanted to go this summer but people suggested it was wise to go later when Owen is older. 

Proudest Moment: Becoming a mum to Owen. As soon as I recovered from the emergency c-section and realized he was finally here and he was all ours, I was so happy to meet him and say his name out loud. I wanted the world to meet him and share in our happiness. 

Biggest Challenge: Balancing being a mum to Owen, a wife to Andrew, a friend to my girl friends and remaining true to who I was and am as a person. It’s been difficult but I’m trying to keep things in perspective and remind myself that I’m no good to anyone if I don’t take some time for me. 

Perfect Day: A spa day. I would get up in the morning and have breakfast with my boys and then head off to the spa for a massage, mani-pedi and a facial. Lunch with the girls and then stop by Lululemon for some clothes shopping. I would finish off with a wander about Indigo sipping a Starbucks Vanilla Latte and looking at everything I wanted to without having to worry that someone had to be somewhere or was bored with how long I was taking. 

First Job: Aside from babysitting, I was a ski instructor at Hockley Valley for 12 years. 
Indulgence: Cakes and cupcakes! I love anything chocolate with icing! But hold the peanuts because I’m allergic! 

Last Big Purchase: Paying off my pension! 

Favorite Movie or Favourite Sport? The Proposal and Dirty Dancing

How long have you been a member of momstown Milton? Since October 2012

Describe your experience as a momstown member? I have had a great time meeting and getting to know the mums who have been out at the baby play groups that Owen and I have frequented. It was always a good feeling to be recognized and called by name each time we attended a different event. I have become involved in many different activities and have tried to introduce Owen to things that I would never do with him on my own! I remember the first time Owen and I painted at Scribble n’ Splatter and I thought it would be easy because I saw pictures from previous events that Sam had posted where the babies feet or hands were painted. Little did I know we would be doing abstract that first day out and Owen was covered from head to toe in paint! That soon became the norm for Owen!

Momstown was exactly what I needed during my time off. If not for the wonderful programs and full calendar of events, I feel as though Owen and I would have been pretty bored of one another. It provided an outlet for me to talk about things that Owen was doing and frustrations I may have been feeling at the time. It allowed me to talk without any judgement from anyone else and know that I was surrounded by other mums that may have been going through the same thing I was going through (or had been through if they were on their second or third baby).

Because of the momstown’s Health and Fitness Challenge for the summer, I have now joined Oxygen’s gym and have now met another group of wonderful ladies who share the same goals as I do. It’s been great getting to know Milton and all that it has to offer. Thank you so much Sam for everything you have done (knowingly or unknowingly) for Owen and I this past year. I have very much appreciated it. Owen and I are now looking forward to our summer break where we can attend more events during the week and keep up our socializing! Owen has certainly missed his pals.

We would love to have you join us and become part of our momstown Milton family!
Register here for your 6 week FREE trial.

No comments: